Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1314

So here come the last day of 2013. I am spending this new year eve with books and my laptop, working on some reports that I am not sure if they are necessary to be done. 

2013 has been a year of changes, of getting out of comfort zone, of achieving something that I've always hoped to reach for, of tasting a little drop of heaven.

Let's start from beginning of the year. I had no new year resolutions for 2013 since setting goals is something that I don't usually do. I was quite persistent about getting a job in Starbucks coffee company and hell yea I got one and worked there for almost 8 months as a full time barista. To be honest, I didn't really fully enjoy what I was doing but I gained a lot of experiences which, now I think back, is something worth suffering for. I find myself missing the challenges and admiring my courage to overcome them despite the constant thought of giving up, after I quit the job for a few months. 

So, getting STPM results is another super important part of 2013. I remember that I thought I did quite badly during the papers, and I seriously had no expectation for my results, I just hoped that it's high enough for me to get my desired course and tadahhh it turned out to be above X.XX and I was very happy for myself. It's not considered good but an average one although I worked quite hard for it. Of course not as hard as many people out there, I think it somehow reflects the effort that I put in the exam. Never a diligent person, I had already pushed myself off the limit trying to study like mad every single day for don't know how many months. So yea with the results, gratefully and happily, I went through 2 important interviews in my life, and this leads to another important chapter of 2013.

That was certainly not the first time I went through important interviews and I am quite confident with my own set of soft skills, so it was never a huge fear having to sit in front of people and talk. I took a flight to Kelantan with my mom for one of the interviews, and another one was at the place where I'm studying now. I am lucky enough to get shortlisted for the interviews by the only 2 universities that offer the course that I wanted. What's even better is I got a place in both uni yo. One of them was really a tough one and I am really grateful that they see me as an eligible candidate to study this course despite that I crapped so much during the interview haha. 

Next thing you know, I quite my job started my uni life, which is not a smooth and easy but challenging one. So it will be my final exam 2 days later. I promise myself to do well in exam!!!

I really wanna thank my family, especially my mom for going through all the troubles and worrying (I hope she did LOL) about me and my future, saving me from my shitty hostel life. I would never be at where I am today without their help. Thank you my friends for being the joy of my life when I'm unhappy. Btw my 20th birthday was really a great one with you guys hohoho.

Another few hours to 2014! Looking forward for a loving, nice, challenging and fruitful 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment